Please follow the instructions below to learn how to set up the Exits of a Standard IVR componentcomponent - Components are the basic building blocks of a call flow. There are multiple components available that you can add and configure to suit your needs. Check the full list of available components in the "Studio Components" section of this guide..
- Click the My new IVR component  and select the Exits tab .
- In Keypress exits , select "1". IVR option 1 is going to send the call to our sales team, so we’ll name our Exit, "1 for sales".
- Hit Send to  and select Add new step.
- On the Component drop-down menu, select Assignment and dial, so we can select where calls will be routed when customers press 1.
- Type in a name for this step. We’ve called ours: "Sales queue".
- Click on Add Step .
- Hit Add Exit  to add our second IVR Keypress option.
- In Keypress exits , select "2" to send the call to our support team and type in a name for this Exit (e.g. "2 for support").
- Click on the Send to drop-down and select Add new step .
- On the "Component" drop-down menu, select Assignment and dial again so we can define where option 2 should route our callers. We’ve named this step, "Support queue".
- Hit Add Step  and Save  your changes.
You may notice that some errors appear each time you save the flowFlow - Actions performed during the lifecycle of a call.. This is normal and will continue until all steps are complete and the flow is ready to be publishedpublished - If your flow is published, it means it’s error-free and that you can assign phone numbers to it..
- In the Timeout section, under "Time in seconds", add the number of seconds the system will wait for the caller to select an option  before redirecting the call to another componentcomponent - Components are the basic building blocks of a call flow. There are multiple components available that you can add and configure to suit your needs. Check the full list of available components in the "Studio Components" section of this guide. (or the same if applicable) .
- Select where to send the call if the caller presses an invalid key .
Updated 7 days ago