Requirements to Use Studio
If you are in Talkdesk Workspace, you can access Studio and all features described below by navigating to the Studio app. For more information, please refer to this article.
If you are interested in using Studio, you need to take the following steps:
1. Give Permission to a Role
- Go to Admin, and select Roles.
- Click on Edit (pencil icon) next to the Role to which you want to give permission.
- Select the Admin tab  and tick the “Studio”  box.
- Hit Save , and the Role will now have access to Studio.
By default, Administrators have permission to use this feature.
2. Enable and Lock Down Single Device Mode
To access Studio, go to Admin, and select Studio.
The following step is irreversible. It can be taken at any time; however until you do it, you won’t be able to assign phone numbers to your flows.
If you see this pop-up window and/or the yellow bar behind it, it means the Single Device Mode needs to be enabled and locked down.
Simply click on Change Settings  and all necessary changes will be made automatically. You will be able to fully use Studio.
What happens when you click on Change Settings?
In the “Device Settings” section of both the Agents and Preferences tabs, Single Device Mode will be selected and removed from the User Interface (UI).
3. Configure the External Device of Each Agent
This step is only necessary if you had “Multiple Device Mode” enabled and your agents were using an external device. If that’s the case, please follow these steps:
- Open the Preferences tab under Admin.
- Tick Yes  next to “Allow External Phone”.
- Save your changes.
Next, each one of your agents will have to:
- Open Callbar.
- Open the Menu  and click on Settings .
- Switch on the toggle next to "Connect to External Device" .
- Add their “External Phone”.
- Click on Apply .
Please note that your agents will need to remain logged in to Callbar to receive calls on the external device.
For more information, please read our articles Device Settings and Connect to External Device.
Updated 8 months ago